Wonderful Followers

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Last nights entry to Mad crafters Gigglers challenge

One word wonder challenge 
Word was 'Animals'

This was my entry to last nights challenge .
I've had a few weeks off of crafting as I've been so busy with end of school stuff with my kids and making orders of Thankyou Teacher wrapped Cupcakes that I sell .

So theme yesterday was Animals - I didn't have that much time before challenge ended at 9pm, so thought I'd do a fairly quick make with a per cut hippo decoupage .

I started off with a piece of dark blue velum as backing , then cut lengths of textured and shaped ribbons and cut curvy strips of a pink shimmery iridescent backing paper and layered them on top of the blue velum to look like a shimmery sea . I layered the edges of the velum with a dark blue ribbon and on top of that a thinner lilac coloured flower printed sticky ribbon.

The hippo decoupage was put together with sticky squares and placed on top of the shimmery effect layered sea .

I finished it all off with a printed ''Happy Birthday' paper edging ribbon , lots of blobs of sparkles to look like stars in a night sky , a few colourful flower buttons I cu the backs of and glued down and a Sister printed card wording , mounted on sticky squares to stand out .

This was made for my sisters birthday in September , I hope she likes it xx



 

1 comment: