Wonderful Followers

Thursday 18 July 2013

A little bit of Nautical for the summer


Another card entered into Mad Crafters Gigglers 
Daily Tic Tac Toe challenge 

And on this day I won , with the simple but pleasing card 





Simply made on an 8x8 scalloped edged card , double mounted with 2 different but coordinating nautical backing papers . On top of this I placed a yellow/ cream ribbon across the card to pick out the tones in the papers. 
The image is cut off a previously received greeting card which I trimmed down to leave just the part of the image I wanted, I added a few tiny shells from my local beach to add a 3d element to the card. 
A couple of buttons were then added with. Coordinating ribbon trim on top , a few half backed pearls added to the image and a 'enjoy' word stamp to the images bottom right hand corner ( a stamp I used previously in my Step dads Birthday card) .

Over all I love the result but then I love anything nautical xx

1 comment: